Set up my site
This video is Lesson 6 of the How-To series for Build Your Own Website
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Scroll down to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to the website you want to start.
- The first time you launch your site, a Let's get started! window asks you to enter a word or two that describe the type of site (or store) you're creating. As you type, a menu displays popular suggestions. Pick one or enter whatever you like.
- In the next field, enter what you want to call your site or store (up to 64 characters), then select Continue.
Note: Go to Settings to change your category and site name.
- Now fine-tune your site by selecting Theme then Try a new look.
- Look through the themes until you find one you like, and select it. Every theme has its own name so you can remember the one you like.
Note: Selecting a theme will automatically apply it to your site. Remember the name of your previous theme if you want to switch back.
- When you're ready to make the site public, publish your site.
- Change my theme
- Compare plans and pricing if you want your own domain name or need more functionality.
- Check out the rest of our How-To Videos for courses on setting up your website, SEO, email marketing, and more.
- If updating your category in Settings isn't enough, you do have the option to reset your site. If it's a matter of choosing different pictures, remember we have more royalty-free stock images ready for you to use.